With temperatures through the roof this week Ciao Bella would like to help you stay safe, healthy, and cool.
This week has been a hot one and today is supposed to be one of the hottest days yet, so grab a scoop of blood orange sorbet and stay cool. Here’s some tips for you!
- Make sure you are hydrated. Drink some water even if you’re not thirsty to make sure your body has enough fluids. (Avoid drinks with alcohol or lots of sugar.)
- Stay out of the sun and find some shade. Protect your skin and remember to wear sunblock with a high SPF.
- Try to stay in air-conditioned buildings or in well ventilated areas. Translation: hit the shopping mall for some sales!
- Wear light-colored & loose fitting clothing. Dark colors absorb heat and make you feel even hotter!
- Eat foods with salt since they will help you retain more water.
- Leave your windows open a crack if you’re parked at work or running errands. Also, do not leave anyone or any pet inside your car. The cracked window does not allow for enough ventilation.
What’s the most delicious way to stay refreshed in the midst of these soaring temperatures? Ciao Bella, of course! Not only will you be inside in the nice air-conditioned gelato bar, but you can treat your taste buds to something refreshing as well! Visit any of our five locations to grab a refreshing smoothie or to build your own combination of flavors. My personal choice? A Raspberry Sorbet Smoothie – yummm!
New York: East 92nd Street, World Financial Center, and Grand Central Terminal
Bay Area: Ferry Building (San Francisco) and Corte Madera
Not near a gelato bar? No problem! Use our store locator to find a local scoop shop near you! If it has asterisk, this means you can get a few scoops in a cup as opposed to retailer where you can buy our pints and novelties. You’ll be surprised to find how many places in your area carry or serve Ciao Bella!